Friday, November 30, 2007
Once again, today was all about filling orders and only a little about making work for BUST. But the exciting news is that I'm now making work on my new bench. Even though it isn't a traditional jeweler's bench, it makes me feel like more of a jeweler than working at my plastic folding table.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Today was also the first of FOUR days in a row that I have just to work in my studio! I can't even tell you the last time that happened. That means lots of time to stock up on my staples, and hopefully a little time for new work as well.
Oh, and yesterday my ornaments were featured on Modish! Yay!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
But sometimes you have to get let yourself get pumped up for a show, and I've decided BUST is that show. With ten days to go, I'm scheduling some serious studio time, planning some new pieces, and redesigning my display. And I'm going to be blogging about it every step of the way!
It seems like a good way to end the year with a bang. Let the countdown begin!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
1. I consider staying in bed until 8 AM sleeping in.
2. I'm terrified of groundhogs. (Yes, groundhogs. When I was little, someone told me they would chew my leg off. That kind of things stays with you.) If I see one, I instinctively cross the street or run away.
3. I'm convinced that if I really like a TV show, it will most likely get canceled. Perhaps thats why I mostly watch reruns.
4. I commute an hour and a half to my teaching job two days a week. (I realize some of you already know this about me, and its not so much weird as just plain crazy - but I'm tired and out of ideas.)
5. I actually don't really like Christmas that much. I find the whole gift giving/receiving process very stressful. But this year I'm really trying to embrace the holiday thing. In fact, my tree is already up. (Though technically that's because I was photographing ornaments on it.)
Ok, I tag Elsita, Liz, Liz, Beth, and Rachael.
Oh, and here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Friday, November 9, 2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
I always thought I had the best husband in the world, but today I got proof. A few months ago, Joe pulled a chaise lounge almost exactly like the one pictured above out of a dumpster at work because he thought I might like it. (The one he found is in need of a new coat of paint, but otherwise in good condition.)
Imagine my surprise upon seeing this chaise on Design*Sponge today in Grace's chaise round-up. After a little digging, I learned that it is a Vladimir Kagan lounge from the 1970s and the price online is listed at over $3,000! If that isn't a score, I don't know what is! Now I can't wait to fix mine up.
Monday, November 5, 2007
And the winner (randomly chosen) is... virtuallori!!! Congratulations!
Virtuallori please email me at meauman(at)yahoo(dot)com so I can get details and send you your bracelets.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
I always tell my students not to blog about their pets, etc - but with a face like this how can I resist? Joe and I picked up Grizzly on Thursday from the SPCA. There were so many animals at the shelter that needed homes, and I hope that if anyone else is thinking about a new pet, they go to their shelter as well.
In honor of our new addition, I'm donating 5% of sales from my jewelry shop this month to the York County SPCA.
Joe and I are back from our weekend trip to St. Louis for Corey and Nathan's wedding. Congratulations Corey and Nathan! It was a lovely wedding and I couldn't be happier for you!
Thanks to everyone for your nice comments on the Metalsmith article. Its great to see the article get so much positive attention.
There's still time today to enter my birthday contest. And, be sure to check out Annie's birthday contest as well.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
If you haven't picked up the copy of the new Metalsmith magazine yet, I highly recommend it. In addition to some excellent articles, there is also an opinion piece on blogging that Corey and I wrote. (This is the part where I'm jumping up and down because I co-wrote something that was published in Metalsmith!) You can pick your copy up in bookstores now.