Monday, June 4, 2007

art star recap


I'm back from Art Star (where strangely I didn't take any pictures). Despite heat one day and rain the other, it was still a fun show with a great group of vendors. I didn't do quite as well as I had hoped, but I came home with some really great stuff. I traded for these amazing porcelain vessels from Yasha Butler (my pictures don't do them justice) and bought this cute little embroidered print from Heather Sundquist. I also traded for this purse from Erin Taylor, who makes bags, skirts, and aprons. (Erin and her sister were my super fun next-door neighbors.)


Even though the show wasn't a total success, it was energizing to be in a group of fun, young makers. I'm definitely going to try to add a few more indie craft shows to my schedule for this year.

The rest of today I'm focusing on photographing work to post in the shop. So if you missed the show or didn't buy that piece you're now coveting, it should be in my shop by the end of the day. (And if you don't see something you want, you can always email me.)

No comments: