Friday, October 5, 2007

handmade holidays


I also bought a few things at Crafty Bastards last weekend, but I can't share them here because they're Christmas gifts. Normally, I'm a bit of a scrooge when it comes to the holidays, but this year I'm trying to embrace them. One of my big goals for this year is to have a handmade holiday. Meaning, I'll only be gifting handmade items from indie designers.

Also for the holidays this year I'll be bringing back my line of pressed metal ornaments, this time in steel. (I will be making a few copper and aluminum ones as well.) Ever since I started using props for my Etsy photos, I've been obsessed with spray painting things white and decided that would look great on steel ornaments. I'm still experimenting to get the surface the way I want, but expect to see them in the shop soon.

1 comment:

Jane Ann Wynn said...

Love this perfect idea of a hand-made Xmas! I really need to focus on doing JUST that...

XoxoxoX
Jane