Tuesday, November 6, 2007

dumpster diving


I always thought I had the best husband in the world, but today I got proof. A few months ago, Joe pulled a chaise lounge almost exactly like the one pictured above out of a dumpster at work because he thought I might like it. (The one he found is in need of a new coat of paint, but otherwise in good condition.)

Imagine my surprise upon seeing this chaise on Design*Sponge today in Grace's chaise round-up. After a little digging, I learned that it is a Vladimir Kagan lounge from the 1970s and the price online is listed at over $3,000! If that isn't a score, I don't know what is! Now I can't wait to fix mine up.

1 comment:

Cally said...

just found your blog, would love to show some of your work from your flickr pages on my blog sometime if that's ok with you. your red chair - oooh, fantastic!