Monday, September 29, 2008

crafty bastards recap + complaints about crutches

No pictures in this post because I didn't take a single picture at Crafty Bastards. Sad, I know. Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post, and thanks a million to my wonderful husband, who came with me to help out at the show! Oh, and thanks to the Crafty Bastards volunteers who helped out as well.

Sadly, I didn't get to scope out the show, for obvious reasons. One trip to the port-a-potties on crutches was enough to keep me tied to my booth. But I really appreciate everyone who came by and shopped - you made my day worthwhile! I'm happy I decided not to cancel the show.

Now I'm home and exhausted, thanks in no small measure to my crutches. My foot may be resting, but the rest of my body feels beat up and sore. I'm also learning how difficult crutches can be if you're a grown-up who needs to do things like grocery shop, clean, and laundry. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to get my dirty clothes from my second floor bedroom to my basement washing machine. That's not to mention that I have several wholesale orders to go out this week. At least I have a rolling chair in my studio...

1 comment:

ColleenBaran said...

I'm glad there were bright sopts and the show still worked out.

The move clothes you can fill bags full and carry them on your shoulders. I've used grocery bags carried off my shoulder & slung behind my back/over the crutches.

Also works well for many other things like bottles of juice/ water, energy bars, apples, books, etc.