Monday, December 29, 2008

sunshine, fresh air and exercise


Its such a beautiful day here - even though its cold, the sun is shining.  I already met my mother-in-law for a bike ride this morning (which included a stop for coffee).  

I'm finally getting to go out and use my new bike and I'm in a better mood than I've been in months.  Yesterday I rode halfway up a mountain and I'm still feeling the buzz.  

Last night we were over at my parents house, where my mother got a Wii Fit for Christmas.  While I'm in favor of anything that gets people to exercise (and it is pretty fun), it certainly doesn't give you the satisfaction of getting in a quality run or a nice challenging bike ride.  (Both of which I did yesterday.)

I'm so happy to be back on my feet - I'm a much happier person when I'm getting in regular exercise.  (And Grizzly's much happier now that he gets to go for runs again too.)

Since New Year's is always the time when people set fitness goals, I thought I'd share my plans for 2009.  No half or full marathons in the works (I'd like to stay injury free this year) but I'm going to do a 5k every month.  (I didn't do any last year, and I miss them.)  I'll be doing the Mt. Gretna triathlon again in May, and my mother-in-law and I are planning a three day bike trip on the C & O Canal in June (with our reluctant husbands in tow).  

Anyone else have any fun fitness goals for 2009?

2 comments:

Laura Crawford said...

Ooh... the C&O canal ride is on my wishlist... I can't wait to hear more when you guys actually go!

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I'm starting to take yoga classes twice a a week. I also hope to join a juggling club and juggle with others once a week or so!