Corey, Jan, and Lulu have all tagged me on Facebook to play the 25 things game, but I have a confession. I don't like Facebook that much. So I decided to list them here instead:
1. I hate groundhogs. I'm terrified of them. When I was little, my mother told me they were vicious and could chew my leg off. She denies it - but it obviously stuck with me.
2. I live exactly one mile from the house I grew up in.
3. Growing up, I wanted to be a writer, a teacher, an artist, a marine biologist, a business owner, the first woman President, and an architect. I would still happily have any of those jobs, except marine biologist.
4. I would go to school forever if I could go for free (and if I thought Joe wouldn't kill me for becoming a perma-student).
5. I don't feel like I'm old enough to have kids yet, even though several of our friends already have children, and my parents were younger than I am now when they had me. I'm not sure I'll ever feel old enough.
6. Sometimes I think I like the idea of coffee better than coffee itself.
7. My house is always a mess, which makes me sad. I'll probably never have one of those beautiful houses decorated with art by fabulous people. This also poses a problem when you're trying to photograph your new home collection.
8. I love my house, but I constantly browse real estate listings. Its sort of a sport in my family.
9. I married someone who is the complete opposite of me. About the only thing we have in common is that we both like the Eagles. (The football team, not the band.)
10. If I had my way, I would have a home at the beach in Delaware, an apartment in Manhattan, a house in Marin County, CA, and my house in Jonestown.
11. I come up with a new business idea about once a week. If I had any money, I would be a serial entrepreneur.
12. I have zero graphic design training, but I always end up doing the design stuff for every non-art group I've ever been affiliated with.
13. I can hold a grudge for a very long time.
14. I don't like movies that much because I have a hard time when I don't know the ending. I get very stressed. I recently learned in Made to Stick that this is because knowledge gaps cause us pain. I must have an extremely low threshold when it comes to knowledge gaps.
15. I'm really good at math but really bad with money.
16. I'm 27 and I'm already starting to worry about turning 30. I don't think I've accomplished enough yet.
17. I'm a big chicken. I'm scared of heights and airplanes and elevators and groundhogs. (Did I mention the groundhogs?) But I think riding my bike makes me braver.
18. I would rather be outside. Except when its snowing. Or when I'm at a craft show (No more outdoor shows for me, thank you).
19. I don't want to limit myself to designing one type of object. I'm pretty happy now that I've figured that out.
20. Yesterday I was thinking I want to run the half-marathon again. I must be a glutton for punishment.
21. In the past five years, running has caused me a knee surgery and a stress fracture. But no activity makes me happier. (Riding my bike is a close second, possibly followed by making paper models.)
22. I already have a mental list of the things I need to buy for when I have kids. Like a new record player and an Xtracycle.
23. I am cold all the time.
24. I can listen to the same album over and over again. I'm doing it right now.
25. I feel pressure to say something profound for this last one, but I've got nothin'.
I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to play along.