Monday, May 4, 2009

day 2 at the MSA Expo


Well, I'll say this about day 2 at the MSA Expo - at least I had fun neighbors.  On one side of me were Steve and Rob, a couple from Cincinnati (actually, northern Kentucky where they do "missionary work" if you catch my drift - I almost died laughing).  They are veterans of this show, which was really helpful.  On the other side I had Sandra, who was also doing the show alone.  She was so sweet - she helped me carry my boxes to UPS, and I helped her take her suitcases to a cab.  We might even ride together to the next New York Gift - Sandra lives in West Virginia and drives within 5 miles of my house to get to the show!

If it weren't for my neighbors, I would have been bored out of my mind.  I didn't write a single order today!  (Unless you count the 2 reorders I took by phone this morning before the show started.)  Apparently, that's not uncommon for this show.  Steve and Rob said that they get most of their orders after the show, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't have another show until the New York Gift Fair in August!  Wow, 3 whole months without a show.  Its a good thing I've got my four week marketing plan to keep me motivated and focused.

No comments: