Friday, May 29, 2009

happy weekend!


Wow, I can't believe its Friday already!  I've been meaning to post these pics of my peonies all week, but it just hasn't happened until today.  This week was the first week of the summer class I'm teaching, and between prepping, commuting, and other odds and ends, this week has just flown by.  But I'm so happy its the weekend!

I have a little confession - I may love flowers, but when it comes to gardening I have a black thumb.  Luckily, these peonies were planted by our home's previous owner and come back strong every year.  And they were so pretty I couldn't resist cutting a few to bring into the house.


2 comments:

Margaux Lange said...

So lovely! Peonies are one of my favorites! I just bought some pink ones last weekend at the farmers market. The only problem is, I have to keep them hidden away in my bathroom - away from the cats! (been down the ingested poisonous flower path once before with them - no good)

marlene heuer said...

i spy my whooping crane drawing! :)