Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ornament prototypes


After getting everyone's feedback on the ornament (both here and on Twitter), I was able to step back and really think about my collection and what I wanted to do.  I also thought about some of my goals when designing the new collection, including the major goal of developing things I didn't have to make.  And yet as much as I love the new collection, I realize that the price point is a little high for many people, especially right now.

So it seems only fitting to develop a line of laser cut ornaments using the patterns in my new collection.  They could function as a much more affordable version of my line.  (Hopefully - I have sent the designs to my laser cutter for a quote yet.)  

These are just the prototypes that I hand pierced to get a feel for the designs.  What do you think?  I still haven't settled on how to hang them yet.

5 comments:

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Perfect! You're right in that they could be something that folks could buy if they like your work but can't lay out the bucks for a large piece.
Love them!

jpenamelist said...

i thin they look great- they keep with the feel of your line. not to mention in keeping with your focus for the new line, these to me seem to have multiple applications besides ornaments that could also be at the lower price point- votive holders, coasters, etc.... just a thought.

Christina J. said...

I like them a lot and they definitely fit in with the rest of your line.

Skylark Studio said...

NICE! good solution ...

Lori said...

I especially love the top two...♡

PS:
Just curious...why is one of your goals to design something you don't have to make?